Day 1Bagdogra to Gangtok 125 kms / 5 hours approx.
Home to hills dolled up in green, valleys dotted with beautiful flowers, manicured tea gardens and captivating hills, Gangtok is certainly a paradise for the Travelers. Spend a perfect holiday in Gangtok with this package which commences upon arrival at the airport. Meet the driver at the airport and embark on 125 kilometres (5 hours) long ride to reach Gangtok. Upon arrival, check-in at the comfortable hotel room for a relaxing overnight stay.
Day 2 Gangtok – Changu Lake Excursion – Gangtok
In the morning, head out on an excursion to witness the gems of Sikkim. You will be first visiting the Changu or Tsomgo Lake which is barely 35 kilometres from Gangtok. The stunning view of the crystal clear lake amidst the snowy summits is a sight to behold.
Next, visit Baba Mandir after traveling for 18 kilometres cutting and running through the snow-capped mountains. Baba Mandir is a memorial commemorated to the brave Sepoy of Indian Army who lost his life around 30 years back in this region. Having explored the iconic attractions, you can return to the hotel for an overnight stay.
Day 3 Gangtok Sightseeing
Begin your day in the comfortable room and embark on a sightseeing tour of Gangtok. Visit the famous Rumtek or Ranka Lingdum Monastery (any one monastery will be covered basis the road conditions). Built somewhere in the 12th century, it is known for its architecture that bears a strong resemblance to the original one in Tsurphu, Tibet. Thereafter attend the famous Flower Show, an absolute treat to eyes. Next, make way to Do Drul Chorten, a dome-shaped Buddhist shrine. Built in 1945, Do Drul Chorten is known for its 108 prayer wheels and gold plated tower on the top of the Chorten. Thereafter, visit Institute of Tibetology which features a library and museum with a rare collection of statues, coins, thangkas Tibetan artwork, etc.
Day 4 Gangtok to Darejeeling (98 kms 4 hours approx.)
In the morning after the breakfast, head towards Darjeeling. Standing high in the Himalayas at an altitude of 2134 metres, ‘Dorje Ling’, or place of the Thunderbolt, offers breathtaking views of snow-capped mountain peaks, with the Kanchendzonga rising higher than all the others. Often referred to as the ‘Queen of the Hills’, Darjeeling remains just as alluring with its tiny waterfalls, little villages and a narrow gauge railway track. Surrounded by World Famous Tea Gardens and snow-capped mountains, Darjeeling remains one of the most exotic destinations. Graeme Westlake in his book ‘An Introduction to Hill Stations on India’ refers to Darjeeling as having “A view Scarcely Unrivalled on Earth”. check-in at the comfortable hotel room for a relaxing overnight stay.
Day 5 Darjeeling Sightseeing
Early morning, approx. 4.00 AM, you will visit Tiger Hill before the break of dawn to see the sun rise over Mount Everest, the highest mountain peak in the world (subject to clear weather).On your way back stop at the Ghoom Monastery, the holiest monastery in Darjeeling and Batasia Loop.Return to hotel for breakfast.After breakfast, you will be driven to Japanese Temple, Peace pagoda, Himalayan Mountaineering Institute & Padmaja Naidu Himalayan Zooogical Park.One way Toy Train Joyride (Own expenses), Darjeeling to Ghoom OR Ghoom to Darjeeling – Toy Train of Darjeeling Himalayan Railways (DHR) has always remained an unique experience to the tourists. Only few would let go such an opportunity. And there is a clear reason why so. Day 6Darjeeling – Bagdogra (93 kms in approximately 3 hours)
Since today is going to be last day of the Trip, check-out from the hotel and get transferred to Bagdogra Airport to board a flight for onward journey.
Terms & Conditions
- If your flights involve a combination of different airlines, you may have to collect your luggage on arrival at the connecting hub and register it again while checking in for the onward journey to your destination.
- Booking rates are subject to change without prior notice.
- Pricing of the booking is based on the age of the passengers. Please make sure you enter the correct age of passengers at the time of booking. Passengers furnishing incorrect age details may incur a penalty at the time of travelling.
- Airline seats and hotel rooms are subject to availability at the time of booking.
- In case of unavailability in the listed hotels, arrangement for an alternate accommodation will be made in a hotel of similar standard.
- A maximum of 3 adults are allowed in one room. The third occupant shall be provided a mattress/rollaway bed.
- The itinerary is fixed and cannot be modified. Transportation shall be provided as per the itinerary and will not be at disposal.
- All transfers and sightseeing shall be provided by an exclusive vehicle unless otherwise specified.
- Due to operational reasons, the routing of this tour may be amended. However, all mentioned services will remain unchanged.
- MMT reserves the right to modify the itinerary at any point, due to reasons including but not limited to: Force Majeure events, strikes, fairs, festivals, weather conditions, traffic problems, overbooking of hotels / flights, cancellation / re-routing of flights, closure of / entry restrictions at a place of visit, etc. While we will do our best to make suitable alternate arrangements, we would not be held liable for any refunds/compensation claims arising out of this.
- Cost of deviation and cost of extension of the validity on your ticket is not included.
- For queries regarding cancellations and refunds, please refer to our Cancellation Policy.
- Disputes, if any, shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts in New Delhi.